Simply Do Ideas Limited – Acceptable use policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may use and access our websites simplydoideas.co.uk, simplydo.io, simplydo.co.uk and ideapit.co and any subdomain or any such related website and/or mobile application for such websites (together, “our Site”). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
We permit you to use the Site only in accordance with these terms (and any documents referred to herein).
Information about us
The Site is owned by Simply Do Ideas Limited (“We”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09760655 and We have our registered office at Innovation Centre of Enterprise, Britannia House, Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly, CF83 3GG.
Without limitation, as a condition of your use of the Site you agree not to use the Site:
- To carry out or promote any activity that breaches or is unlawful in any way under any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- To post or transmit anything to or through the Site that is misleading, fraudulent or unlawful or is otherwise threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable (please see Content Standards below for more guidance).
- To restrict or prevent, directly or indirectly, other users from using or enjoying the Site.
- To modify, copy, distribute any material published on the Site to create any related, similar, derivative, competing or other website or publication (in any medium).
- To transfer or sell any information, functionality or products or services offered on the Site, or represent that you are entitled to do so.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to use the Site for commercial purposes, unless otherwise approved in writing by Simply Do Ideas.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored; o any software used in the provision of our Site; or - any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- that is not intended for you or which you are not authorised to access, including through any probe, scan, penetration test or other intrusive activity or process.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Login forms;
- Registration forms;
- Profile editing features;
- Idea collecting forms; and
- Password-reset forms.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will use reasonable endeavours to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Content which you contribute to our Site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The Content Standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
USER CONTENT CONTRIBUTIONS MUST:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
CONTRIBUTIONS MUST NOT:
- Contain any material which is defamatory.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination of any form, including (but not limited to) any discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
- Be likely to deceive or mislead any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any unlawful activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that User Content emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only, and without limitation) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Trusted by innovation leaders including
Give your organisation an Innovation Health Check
Our free PDF guide will help you get a snapshot of the current innovation health of your organisation. Using our simple 4 Ps Innovation Framework, you will be able to identify areas for improvement.
Ready to make innovation simply work for your organisation?
Access new ideas. Solve strategic challenges. Stay ahead.